Made with bast fibers like flax, hemp, kenaf, etc.
EcoCor is a moldable mat product consisting of polypropylene fibers and renewable natural fibers such as flax, hemp, kenaf, etc. The EcoCor mat is heated to over 200°C and then compression molded in a low-temperature tool.
The coverstock can be applied in a one-step manufacturing process for the production of carriers as well as adhesive-free, prefabricated components. The natural fiber content of EcoCor is 50% and ensures price stability compared to products derived from fossil-fuel resources.
- Low area weight
- One-step form and cover process for soft armrests
- Integration of soft armrests for door panels possible
- Weight reduction through back-injection molding to natural fiber carrier
- Fixing of retainers in natural fiber mat compression process
- Good crash performance
- Recycling of carrier material
- Use of renewable material to reduce the carbon footprint
- Carrier for covered door panels
- Covered components for instrument panels
- Covered inserts
- Carrier for hard and soft armrests
- Seat back panels
- In production since 2000
- Currently in production for Dodge, Ford, Mercedes-Benz, Opel, Porsche, Volkswagen